Today I met with my two-team members, Sandy and Susan to explore our options for web conferencing. We started our project in Vyew, but we had trouble trying to find away for all of us to be moderators so that we could all use the tools. After some effort to try and change the settings, we decided to use my classroom Elluminate (Blackboard Collaborate) room. We had a very successful meeting and used most of the tools, such as the webcam, all the whiteboard tools, file transfer, downloading an image, using the chat room, raising our hands, and more. I believe the session went well because we were all able to be moderators and we were all successful at performing each task. We had a little trouble getting the sound to work, but as soon as Sandy and Susan completed the Audio Set-Up Wizard we were able to hear each other. What I would do differently next time is use some more of the tools. We did not have the time to use the polling tool or send an URL to each other.
As an online teacher I know how useful web conferencing is in the virtual classroom. I use my Elluminate classroom twice a week and sometimes more. Web conferencing is a great interactive tool to use with students. Teachers are able to conduct classes in their subject areas, create colorful and inviting slides, show YouTube videos, and play music. Also, it is a good tool for one on one sessions with students. They can come and get help and a teacher can have private tutoring sessions. I hold offices hours for my students and I also have one live class a week. The students love coming to the Elluminate sessions. They like to chat with each other and to use the Whiteboard tools. In addition to my own sessions, I also attend all my faculty meetings and workshops in Elluminate. I have yet to meet any of my colleagues in person.
![]() |
| Screen Cast Image From Meeting |
Get your own free room at:
Note- Sandy later found the setting on Vyew to make us all moderators!

No comments:
Post a Comment