As an online high school teacher I spend a great deal of time searching for images on the web to use in my classrooms. I use them to create weekly announcements, class banners, Word documents, newsletter, and PowerPoint presentations. For my weekly announcements I try to include a small photo, which I place at the top of the announcement. My purpose is to break up the monotony for the student having to read the same type of announcement week after week. The banners I create are a bit more lively and fun to make. Depending on the theme; I sometimes use more than one photo. For example, below is a banner I made for a novel some of my students are reading. I put a lot of photos in my Word documents just to make them more colorful and interesting to read. Recently I included some photos of Robert Frost in a study guide I made for my students. I also use personal photos of myself and my family in an introduction newsletter I send to my students at the beginning of the year. Lastly, I spend a great deal of time making PowerPoint presentations to use in my weekly live classes. My lessons consist of literature units and workshops. The literature units are filled with photos and images.
Creative Common Images
Here is image I found that I can really see myself using. I teach quite a few units on poetry every year and I cover many poets; I could use this as a header.

Photo Attribution:
Original Image: "Poet"
By: Eva Ekeblad
Released under an Attribution-NonCommericial-Share Alike License
I use this image of my dog Daisy in my introduction newsletter that I send to my students at the beginning of the year. I also include a photo of myself and my daughters.
Photo Attribution:
Original Image: "Daisy"
By: Sandra Toth
Released under an Attribution-Commericial-Share Alike License


No comments:
Post a Comment